Hello all you wonderful supporters and contributors.
There have been an increasing demand towards bringing the Waking Up project back on it’s feet, and also suggestions of a crowd funding campaign. Your demand is about to be met.
Shortly, there will be published a completely new and redesigned plot line that will serve as the backbone for the following contributions and collaborations on this film. One of the big problems with this collaborative project was that only the beginning of the plot was set, and so lot’s of different suggestions to different story lines came in. Needless to say, it was impossible to bring all of that together in one coherent story.
Many demanded conflict and action in the story, which I agree upon. I think this film needs to meet as broad an audience as possible while at the same time showing how this new world works and what it looks like. For this, we need a film with an intriguing plot and a fair amount of action and love.
In my opinion, the new plot line has all these things, and have the potential to become a great film. The whole plot is not finished, since I think it is important that we keep the collaborative spirit on this project. There’s still a lot to comment and contribute upon. But, you’ll have to have patience a little more time as there are still some more preparations that needs to be done before publishing.
We will keep the collaborative spirit through the whole of this project, and there will also be invitations towards designing a logo and other visuals, and when the script is done, finding locations, actors, etc. etc.
The plan onwards is like this:
- The new plot line will be released together with about 20 pages of actual script, which you will be invited to comment upon and contribute to.
- After a period of a couple of months, a crowd funding campaign will be launched.
- The money from the campaign will go towards finishing the script, and make a new short film from one of the scenes in the script. The new short film will include more CGI and ‘future surroundings and design’.
- After the campaign, the contribution period will be over, and a period of script writing towards first draft, together with planning of the new short film will take place.
- The new short film will be shot, cut and marketed/released globally and be used for further financing of the whole film.
See ya around!