Posted in Uncategorized
Rules and guidelines:
- Collaboration and open source. Waking Up is a collaborative, partly open source, movie, where you are invited to participate in the development of the story and manuscript online. While the parts of the story and manuscript that has been deemed open source will stay that way forever, other, later parts, might not have the same license, but rather a standard copyrighted one. The reason for this is to alleviate investment and to not reveal all story parts for the press right away.
- Submission. Any person openly submitting material online to this project (Waking Up movie script and story), whether as a comment on this site, addition or edit to any document related to this project or submission of a completely new document related to this project, donates the submission to the project under the open source license Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- Contribution. Any contribution can be used or not be used, as it is, changed or used as inspiration for something else. All contributions must come in written form online.
- Purpose. The purpose of this movie is a ‘thought experiment’ to present what a future can be like a 100 years from now if humanity chooses a positive direction of love, sharing, giving, compassion and peace, and we update our values, social systems and technology accordingly. In this future there is no money or ownership (or at least looked at completely differently), and the global economy is something like a resource based economy. It’s a totally new world, but has gotten there through a long history of a 100 years from present time. It has a lot of new technology and values, but also contains elements of present time.
- Time. Most of the action happens in the year 2112 with elements from present time and from the transition. 2112 is far away enough for us not to know exactly how it is going to look, leaving plenty of room to imagine the positive future we would like.
- Concept. The concept used to tell the story is a person (Benjamin Michaels) from present time who wakes up from cryopreservation in 2112. This leaves lots of room to present what this world looks like and how it works to the audience, since this person has to experience this new world for the first time, just like the audience. It can also create a lot of drama in terms of medical complications, meetings with old relatives, trouble with adjusting to the new world, and more. Only our imagination is the limit!
- Characters. There be several characters in this movie. The main character is set, and this is Benjamin (called Ben). He is the one waking up from cryo in 2112 after having been frozen in 2014. The other set character that exists is Aweena. She is from 2112 and is Ben’s guide in this world, showing him around and helping him start his life again. There will be several other characters in this film that will work as representatives for the different aspects in this world, and enhance the story.
- Movie. Waking Up is a full feature length narrative film and not a TV series, short film or an ‘edutainment film’, even though it will definitely be educational in several aspects.
- Language. All submissions has to be in english.
- The Script and Story. The plot has now been set and no other plot lines will be considered at this moment. The Story with the plot can be found here.